Mr. Food: Grandma Bell’s Onion Tart
What You’ll Need
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate and flute edges. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden; set aside. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over high heat, melt butter. Add onions and saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and sauté 4 additional minutes, or until tender. Place onions in pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, dry mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well and pour over onions. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and crust is golden. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.