Mr. Food: Grandma Alice’s Cheesecake
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons sugar; mix well. Add butter and mix until crumbs are thoroughly coated. Pour into pan and with your hand, press crumbs until they evenly cover the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sour cream, remaining 1 cup sugar, the eggs, and vanilla until thoroughly combined and mixture is smooth. Pour into crust and place springform pan on sheet pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, then turn oven temperature to 200 degrees. Bake about 1 hour, or until cheesecake is slightly wiggly in the center. Turn off oven, crack oven door open with a wooden spoon, and let cheesecake cool in the oven about 1 hour. Remove from oven and when cooled completely, run a thin, sharp knife around the edge of the cheesecake. Refrigerate, preferably overnight.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.