Mr. Food: Gooey Peanut Butter Squares
What You’ll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 cups toasted whole grain oat cereal (Test Kitchen used Cheerios)
What to Do
- Coat a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave marshmallows and butter 60 to 70 seconds, or until melted. Mix in 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Add cereal and mix until evenly coated. Spread evenly on baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips, lightly pressing them into cereal mixture.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave remaining peanut butter 5 seconds. Place in a small resealable plastic bag and snip off one corner. Drizzle peanut butter over cereal mixture.
- Let firm up then cut into squares.
Looking for other take-along snack ideas? Then you may want to whip up a batch of our easy-to-make Grab ‘n’ Go Granola Bars!