Mr. Food: Goes-With-Anything Cheesy Grits
What You’ll Need
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking white or yellow grits
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil. Add grits and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add cheese and butter; stir until melted. Add black and cayenne peppers and stir until well combined. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To make individual servings, spoon mixture evenly into a sprayed muffin tin and chill. Just before serving, warm in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through or pop them out of the muffin tin and warm them up in the microwave.