Mr. Food: German Potato Salad
What You’ll Need
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes 10 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain, place in a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until browned and crisp, turning as needed. Remove from pan, crumble, and set aside.
- Add oil and onion to bacon grease and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Stir in vinegar, water, sugar and salt; bring to a boil. Gently stir in potatoes and parsley.
- Add half of bacon to potato mixture and heat until warmed through, stirring occasionally. Remove to a serving dish, sprinkle remaining bacon over top, and serve warm.
- The potatoes in German Potato Salad are usually sliced, rather than cubed, but you’re the boss…make whatever shape your gang prefers.
- We’ve got even more yummy potato salads for you to check out in our collection of Fantastically Easy Potato Salads!