Mr. Food: Garlicky Spaghetti Squash Skillet
Wanna know the great thing about spaghetti squash recipes? Most of the time they cook up with the same tasty flavors as our favorite pasta, but without the heavy carbs and gluten. In fact, our Garlicky Spaghetti Squash Skillet makes a perfect side dish, in place of potatoes or rice, but it’s also yummy and filling all on it’s own!
What You’ll Need
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
What to Do
- Fill a soup pot with one inch of water and place whole squash in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. Remove squash to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise then use a spoon to remove and discard seeds. Scrape inside of squash with a fork, shredding into spaghetti-like strands.
- Place shredded squash in a large skillet and heat over high heat 2 to 4 minutes to absorb any excess water. Add remaining ingredients except basil and cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through. Stir in basil and serve.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.