Mr. Food: Fruity Watermelon Pops
It just doesn’t get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum! This is the perfect recipe for adults and kids, especially during those hot summer months.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 medium watermelon, seeded and cut into chunks (about 6 cups)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Fresh fruit such as grapes, strawberries, or kiwi fruit, diced (optional)
What to Do
- In a blender, combine watermelon, water, and sugar and puree until sugar is dissolved and mixture is very smooth.
- Place a tablespoon or so of fresh fruit in each ice pop mold, if desired. Add enough watermelon puree to fill to the top. Insert caps and place in freezer at least 4 hours or until frozen. Keep frozen until ready to enjoy.
So Many Options
- You can find ice pop molds almost anywhere where they sell kitchen tools and gadgets. If you’re on a budget, use a Dixie cup instead! Just fill the cup with the fruit and puree before inserting a wooden craft stick right before freezing. If the stick refuses to stand up straight, cover the top of the cup with foil and then insert the stick through the foil into the mixture. Neat trick, right?
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.