Mr. Food: “Fool ’em” Black Bean Brownies
What You’ll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor fitted with its cutting blade, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips; blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.
To Lighten This Up
- For an even healthier and Diabetes-friendly version of this recipe, check out this link on Everyday Diabetic Recipes!
- We’ve got even more brownie recipes for you to love! Try our Blushing Frosted Brownies, our Cherry Cola Brownies and, of course, our Ultimate Fudgy Brownies.
- Plus, don’t miss our most classic dessert, Death by Chocolate!