Mr. Food: Egg Roll in a Bowl
Are you someone who always adds egg rolls to your Chinese takeout order? If so, then you’re going to love this novel twist on regular pork egg rolls. Our Egg Roll in a Bowl has everything you love about egg rolls, but without all the work. It’s a delicious side dish turned into a dinner favorite!
What You’ll Need
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- Fried wontons (see Note)
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot; cook pork 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add coleslaw, scallions, chili sauce, and soy sauce mixture to skillet. Mix well and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or just until cabbage begins to soften. Serve with fried wontons.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.