Mr. Food: Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie
What You’ll Need
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) canned or bottled brown gravy
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion and cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in beef, salt, and pepper and cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Stir in gravy and heat until bubbling. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine potatoes and cheese; spread over top of casserole.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly browned and casserole is warmed through.
- If you liked this cottage pie recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook full of even more simple dinner recipes: Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef!
- Plus, if you’re looking to continue on a potato trend, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes & More.