Mr. Food: Donut Bread Pudding
If you thought glazed donuts were good on their own, wait till you use ’em to make our Donut Bread Pudding. This bread pudding is extra-decadent, so you want to make sure the whole gang joins ya for a bite. Not that you’ll have to tell ’em. One whiff of this baking in the oven and they’ll be lining up for their share!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 12 glazed doughnuts, cut into cubes
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, the cinnamon, and salt. Stir in raisins and doughnut cubes. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Pour mixture into casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 additional minutes, or until set in center.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients including remaining vanilla, until smooth. Pour over bread pudding and serve.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.