Mr. Food: Crowd-Pleasing Brisket
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4- to 4-1/2-pound) brisket of beef
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. Remove 1 cup of sauce to a small bowl and add water to it; mix well and pour into pan
- Place brisket in pan and pour the remaining sauce over meat. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is fork-tender. Remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes before carving across the grain. Serve topped with pan drippings.
Test Kitchen Tip
- We know this brisket recipe is going to have you licking your fingers for that last bit of flavor! To complete this meal, we know the crowd will love the savory sensation of our Cheddar Herb Potatoes and, to balance it out, try these lightly sweetened Glazed Baby Carrots. Careful though, once you make a meal this good, the crowd will quickly come back for more!
- Make sure you save room for dessert! Take their taste buds straight to heaven with our Extreme Caramel Crisp or this decadent Double Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake!
- Of course, there’s always one of our all-time favorite desserts, Death by Chocolate! It’s a chocolatey delight that we just can’t get enough of!