Mr. Food: Crispy Fried Meatloaf
What You’ll Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, eggs, water, 1/3 cup ketchup, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder; mix well. Place mixture in prepared dish and shape into loaf. Spread remaining ketchup over top.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center. Let cool, then refrigerate at least 2 hours. Slice cold meat loaf into 3/4-inch slices.
- To make the coating, place flour in a shallow dish; place eggs in another shallow dish and lightly beat. Combine Panko bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a third shallow dish. Coat a slice of meat loaf on both sides with flour, then egg, and finally with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until hot. Fry a few slices at a time 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter and serve.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.