Mr. Food: Cold Fudge Cake
Our Cold Fudge Cake is Patty’s favorite childhood dessert and, after one creamy bite, you’ll see why. So, layer on the sweet flavors and get ready for a dessert that you’ll want to turn into a family tradition.
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, flour, and 3/4 cup nuts. Press mixture lightly into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until a firm crust forms; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until thickened; set aside. In another medium bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and half the whipped topping; mix well.
- Using a wet table knife, spread cream cheese mixture over top of cooled crust. Spoon chocolate pudding mixture over top of cream cheese mixture then top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top.
- Cover and chill overnight, or at least 6 hours. Refrigerate any leftovers.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.