Mr. Food: Classic Scalloped Chicken
We’ve got good news! You can stop worrying about what you’re having for dinner tonight, because this Classic Scalloped Chicken is the best thing on the menu. There’s no need to get jittery because this easy casserole recipe is ready in no time, and totally willing to be a part of your weeknight dinner plans. Get ready for something hot and delicious everyone will love!
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 stick (2 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; sauté chicken 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and add broth, gravy, mushrooms, peas, pimientos, and rice; mix well. Pour into baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover, and stir well. Bake, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes, or until rice is tender. Serve immediately.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.