Mr. Food: Classic Rice Pudding
Rice pudding is one of those comfort foods that just soothes the soul; that’s why it’s a favorite all around the world! Our recipe for Classic Rice Pudding is a back-to-basics dessert that will thrill you with its light vanilla flavor and creamy taste. You won’t want to miss having a taste of this internationally loved and totally easy pudding recipe!
What You’ll Need
- 8 cups (1/2 gallon) milk
- 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine milk, rice, egg yolks, and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened and the rice is tender, stirring frequently to keep the rice from sticking.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and allow to cool slightly. Spoon into a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes, and chill 2 to 3 hours. Serve or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
For a Finishing Touch!
- Add a little extra wow” to this by topping each serving with a generous dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Man is this good!!
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.