Mr. Food: Christmas Tree Brownie
What You’ll Need
- 1 (21.5-ounce) package brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- 2 to 3 drops green food color
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- Assorted edible decorating candies and ornaments
- 1 junior-sized candy bar, unwrapped
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, extending foil over edges. Spray foil with cooking spray. Spread brownie batter evenly into baking dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool brownies completely then freeze 30 minutes.
- Using foil, lift brownies from baking dish and place on cutting board, removing the foil. To cut a tree shape from brownies, start at center of 1 short side, and make 2 diagonal cuts to corners of opposite short sides, forming a triangular piece in the center. Place the outer cuts from the brownie and place them on a large flat tray, placing the cut sides together. This will look like a Christmas tree.
- In a medium bowl, combine frosting, food color, and mint extract; mix well. Spread 1/3 cup frosting over top of tree shape. Stack with the whole tree shaped brownie, trimming edges as needed.
- Frost sides and top of brownie tree with remaining frosting. Decorate with candies as desired. Place candy bar at base of brownie tree to form a tree trunk.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.