Mr. Food: Chocolate Pecan Fudgy Pie
Can’t decide if you want to make a pecan or chocolate pie for your festive get-together? Why not both? Our Chocolate Pecan Fudgy Pie is a 2-in-1 treat, everyone will get excited about! Sweet homemade chocolate fudge pie filling, mixed in with classically-delicious pecans. This easy pie recipe is a “doubly-good way” to top off your holiday feast.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 (9-inch) chocolate graham cracker pie crust
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate in sweetened condensed milk, stirring occasionally. When melted, add cornstarch mixture, eggs, butter, and salt; mix until smooth. Remove from heat and add pecan halves; mix well and pour into crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack then cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and more pecans. We get excited just thinking about this, how about you?
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.