Mr. Food: Chocolate Pecan Cobbler
What You’ll Need
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a shallow 3-quart casserole dish or 9-inch deep dish pie plate, melt butter in microwave, about 1 minute; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, the flour, salt, baking powder, and 2 tablespoons cocoa. Add milk and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Spoon over melted butter.
- In another medium bowl, combine remaining 1 cup sugar, remaining 4 tablespoons cocoa, the pecans, and toffee bits; sprinkle over batter mixture. Slowly pour boiling water over the top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until cobbler is crusty on top. Serve warm.