Mr. Food: Chocolate Caramel Cookies
What You’ll Need
- 3 sticks (1-1/2 cups) butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 (11-ounce) package caramels
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar until fluffy. Add flour, salt, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon water; mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut our 2-inch circles using a biscuit cutter or a small glass. Place cookies on baking sheets.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden on bottom. Let cool on wire rack.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and remaining 1 tablespoon water. Microwave 30 to 60 seconds or until melted, stirring occasionally. Spread caramel evenly over cookies; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave 60 to 75 seconds or until melted, stirring occasionally. Spread chocolate evenly over caramel and set aside until chocolate hardens.
Try our classic but easy Cashew Turtles if you’re a lover of caramel and chocolate combos like we are around here!