Mr. Food: Chili Cheese Dog Ring
Here’s an easy-to-make dinner that you can really sink your teeth into! We made a crescent roll ring and filled it with all the fixins’ for a chili cheese dog, which means you can expect flavorful ground beef, hot dog pieces, and plenty of cheese. Our Chili Cheese Dog Ring is so good, it’s almost spooky!
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 hot dogs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add hot dogs and heat 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese; set aside.
- Unroll crescent rolls. Place wide end of triangles in center of pizza pan, forming a ring, overlapping dough as necessary. Spoon meat mixture into center of each triangle. Bring smaller ends of triangles over meat, tucking ends under.
- Bake 20 minutes, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake 5 more minutes, or until heated through and golden. Serve warm.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.