Mr. Food: Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
What You’ll Need
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into quarters
- 4 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package cooked wild rice
What to Do
- Rinse chicken under cold running water. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients except wild rice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer about 1-1/2 hours, or until chicken falls off bones. Cool slightly, then separate chicken from bones, discarding bones. Add chicken pieces and rice to soup, heat for 5 minutes and serve.