Mr. Food: Chicken & Veggie Skillet
What You’ll Need
- 1 (24-ounce) package frozen zucchini spirals
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups frozen diced onions and peppers
- 3 cups (12 ounces) frozen, oven-roasted diced chicken
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
What to Do
- In a microwaveable bowl, heat zucchini spirals for 8 to 10 minutes or until thawed, drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in onions and peppers and cook for 4 minutes. Add chicken, tomatoes, garlic, salt, black pepper, and chicken broth; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tomatoes soften and start to burst.
- Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, lemon juice, the zucchini and basil; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.