Mr. Food: Chicken Ranch Casserole
It’s never been easier to cook up some dinnertime magic! All you have to do is make this Chicken Ranch Casserole. Made with family-favorite potato tots, lots of cheese, bacon, ranch mix, and chicken, this casserole has it all. Plus, it’s made in your slow cooker, so there’s hardly any work involved!
Whether you’ve been on the hunt for a slow cooker easy chicken casserole recipe or simply want a simple and satisfying meal for the family tonight, this chicken casserole will do the job. You won’t believe how easy it is to assemble. The only hard part is waiting for it to finish cooking before digging in. But, wow, is it worth the wait?
What You’ll Need
- 1 (32-ounce) package of frozen potato tots
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 (2.8-ounce) package of real bacon pieces
- 1 (1-ounce) package of ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup milk
Chicken (Bacon) Ranch Casserole Recipe
- Coat the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place half the potato tots on bottom.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses; mix well. Sprinkle half the cheese mixture over potato tots. Sprinkle half the bacon pieces over the cheese.
- In a shallow dish, combine ranch dressing mix with salt and pepper. Coat chicken in ranch mixture and place over bacon pieces. Sprinkle any remaining ranch mixture over the chicken.
- Top with remaining potato tots, cheese mixture, and bacon. Pour milk over top.
- Cover and cook the Chicken Ranch Casserole on LOW for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Serve the chicken breast topped with tater tots, cheese, and bacon.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip:
- Okay, we know you like to peek in the slow cooker to make sure everything is going perfectly. But every time you open up your slow cooker, it will take an additional 30 minutes to recoup the heat that you lost. So remember, no lifting the cover!
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.