Mr. Food: Champagne Raspberry Floats
What You’ll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 bottle Prosecco or champagne
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine raspberries and sugar; cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until raspberries have broken down, stirring occasionally. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour raspberry sauce through a fine mesh strainer, pressing down with a wooden spoon to remove seeds. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, spoon 2 tablespoons raspberry sauce into bottom of 4 champagne glasses. Add ice cream, top with champagne, fresh raspberries, and a drizzle of remaining raspberry sauce. Serve immediately.
Since you’re breaking out the bubbly anyway, how about making these Champagne Cupcakes too?