Mr. Food: Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad
When summertime comes around, you’re looking for something fresh and new; a break from those traditional deli salads you had so much of at church potlucks. Try this Cauliflower & Broccoli Salad! With the sweet burst of cranberry, and the crunch of crispy bacon, this broccoli salad is just what summer needs.
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 bacon slices, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets, blanched (see Tip)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, blanched (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 3/4 cup salted cashew halves, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
What to Do
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise and vinegar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Toss with mayonnaise mixture until evenly coated.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Test Kitchen Tip: To blanch the cauliflower and broccoli, place florets in a pot of boiling water and let them simmer 1 minute; drain immediately. Place them in a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking. Drain well and they’re ready to use. Or if you’re short on time, feel free to start with frozen cauliflower and broccoli florets. Just make sure you thaw and drain them first.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.