Mr. Food: Caramelized Sweet Potato Crowns
What You’ll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large unpeeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch slices with ends discarded
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and salt; mix well. Add sweet potato slices and toss until evenly coated. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of each potato and return to oven; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until sugar is melted and nuts start to toast up. Serve immediately.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.