Mr. Food: Blender Tomato Sauce
Looking for that farm-to-table taste during dinnertime? Well with our homemade tomato sauce, you’ll get just that. Our Blender Tomato Sauce is as easy as blend, simmer, and enjoy! With only the freshest ingredients, and naturally flavorful spices, this tomato sauce recipe will please everyone’s Italian grandma!
What You’ll Need
- 4 pounds very ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon slivered fresh basil
What to Do
- Fill a blender ¾ of the way full with tomatoes and puree until smooth. Pour pureed tomatoes into a soup pot and repeat with remaining tomatoes until all tomatoes are pureed
- Add sugar, garlic powder, onion, oregano, salt, and pepper; stir until well mixed.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 1 hour, stirring occasionally. (Cooking this uncovered will allow the sauce to thicken up.) Stir in basil and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
- If you are not planning on using all of this right away, why not freeze the rest? This freezes well in gallon-sized freeze bags or air-tight plastic containers for about 6 months. This way the delicious flavors will last!
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.