Mr. Food Beer-Brined Pork Chops
What You’ll Need
- 1 1/2 cups dark lager beer
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- DRY RUB
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine beer, water, molasses, brown sugar, and salt; mix well.
- Place pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag; pour beer brine over chops and seal bag. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium or heat a grill pan over medium heat. Remove pork chops from brine and pat dry. Discard brine.
- In a small bowl, combine Dry Rub ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of pork chops.
- Cook pork chops 8 to 10 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
The nutrition provided for this recipe is an estimate. The marinade was measured both at the beginning and at the end of the marinating process. Nutrition was calculated based on the amount of marinade actually absorbed. Individual results may vary.