Mr. Food: Beefy Garlic Pizza
Why? Because we wanted to make something new with that package of ground beef in the fridge. Our Beefy Garlic Pizza is calling your name and we bet it’ll be your new favorite go-to dinner recipe, for pizza party occasions or just because. After all, who doesn’t love a hearty, cheesy, beefy slice of pizza?
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough (see Tips)
- 1 (6-ounce) package sliced provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; saute garlic 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Add ground beef and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until completely browned, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid; stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll dough out to a 12- to 14-inch circle. Place on pizza pan. Using a fork, prick dough 15 to 20 times. Spoon beef mixture evenly over pizza dough and top with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until crust is crisp and brown. Cut and serve immediately.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.