Mr. Food: Beefy Enchiladas
What You’ll Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1 (19-ounce) can red enchilada sauce, divided
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 (4-inch) soft corn tortillas, warmed according to package directions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned; drain excess liquid. Add green chilies, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, 2 cups cheese, the garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Pour 1 cup enchilada sauce in baking dish. Place equal amounts of beef mixture in center of each tortilla. Tightly roll up tortillas and place seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through. Serve immediately.