Mr. Food: Beefed-Up-Split Pea Soup
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 (12-ounce) packages dry split green peas
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute beef 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 55 to 60 minutes, or until peas are tender.
There’s nothing better than topping off this comforting soup with some homemade, crunchy, Crispy Croutons.