Mr. Food: Beef Stroganoff
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add steak strips, onion, and garlic; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until steak is no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Add flour and pepper; mix well. Add both soups and the mushrooms; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until beef is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and cook 2 to 4 more minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- To make cutting the steak easier, pop it in the freezer for about 15 minutes before slicing. That should make it the perfect texture to cut.
- For a complete stroganoff dinner, serve this over a steaming bowl of our Dutch Noodles!