Mr. Food: Beef ‘n’ Broccoli Noodle Toss
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 onion, slivered
- 1 pound top round steak, thinly sliced
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ramen noodles (reserve seasoning packets for another use)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, and cornstarch; mix well, set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining oil until hot. Add broccoli and onion, and saute 5 minutes. Add steak and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Meanwhile, in a small pot of boiling water, add noodles and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender; drain well.
- Add soy mixture to beef mixture and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in noodles and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
For even more ways to use these budget-friendly noodles, check out our collection of Unforgettable Ramen Noodle Recipes.