Mr. Food: Bacon Candy Crack-up
What You’ll Need
- 35 saltine crackers (about 1 sleeve from a 16-ounce box)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 pound bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 10- x 15- inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay crackers on baking sheet, packing tightly.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add sugar and bring to a boil 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar is completely dissolved, stirring frequently. Immediately pour over crackers.
- Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers; return to oven 1 minute. Remove and evenly spread chocolate, then sprinkle with bacon.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, then break into pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- We don’t recommend substituting margarine for butter in this recipe.
- If you’re crazy about bacon, then you’re going to love our collection of Best Bacon Recipes.