Mr. Food: Angelic Pasta
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil (see Note)
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly broken down.
- Add chicken broth and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Place in a large bowl and add pasta; add Parmesan cheese and basil and toss well. Serve immediately.
- Don’t have fresh basil? You can substitute 1 teaspoon dried basil for the fresh.
- Looking for more simple and delicious pasta recipes to try? Check out our collection of Easy Pasta Recipes?