Missouri Trout Season opens, marking the unofficial beginning of spring
Enjoy the ‘catch-and-keep’ opener at one of four Missouri trout parks or closer to home at Morse Park in Neosho on Hickory Creek.
NEOSHO, Mo. — Tuesday, March 1, is the opening of Missouri trout ‘catch-and-keep’ season.
“Opening Day tags are available now! Get a head start on the Opening Day festivities by getting you tag early. Be prepared by purchasing your Missouri Fishing License online before you get to the park.” – Roaring River State Park
- Bennett Spring State Park near Lebanon
- Montauk State Park near Licking
- Roaring River State Park near Cassville
- Maramec Spring Park near St. James
The catch-and-keep season at the trout parks runs through Oct. 31.
The Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) operates trout hatcheries at all four parks and stocks rainbow trout daily throughout the season.
👉🏽 HICKORY CREEK AT NEOSHO: If you want to fish closer to home, just downstream from the historic Neosho Fish Hatchery is Morse Park. They will be stocking Hickory Creek with rainbow trout for the opener on Tuesday at Morse Park. Fishing begins at 6:30 a.m. and one must have the appropriate Fishing License and Trout tag to fish.
The area of Morse Park is a related conservation area along Hickory Creek through an agreement with the Missouri Department of Conservation and the city of Neosho. The area is owned and maintained by the City of Neosho.
Trout anglers need a daily trout tag to fish in Missouri’s trout parks.
You can also download MDC’s free mobile apps, MO Hunting and MO Fishing, available for download through
- MORE JOPLIN NEWS FIRST…
- People’s Convoy nears Joplin; Sheriff Heath Winfrey estimates 1,000 trucks in Big Cabin
- Peoples Convoy stops in Big Cabin, Okla. Sunday night; Passing through Joplin Monday
- Vehicle Theft suspect caught on camera; McDonald County officials ask if you can identify this man
- Arkansas State Police searching for suspect who shot and killed Arkansas Dept of Corrections Officer
- State Fire Marshal assists investigation of fire in Reeds, Mo.
- Head on crash near Snowball on Schifferdecker, all involved wearing seat belts state MSHP
- Joplin Fire battle house fire in Blendville Neighborhood, frigid temperatures
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.