Med-Day Thursday: Keeping things 20/20 through 2020
Dr. Shane Kannarr shares what we can do to combat screen overload.
We’ve seen a lot happen in 2020, and there seems to be no sign of slowing down.
For World Vision Day and Eye Health Awareness Month, we asked Dr. Shane Kannarr to talk with us about the different affects that this much screen time can have 0n our eyeballs.
According to the CDC, approximately 12 million Americans age 40+ have vision impairment. This includes:
- 1 million who are blind
- 3 million who have vision impairment after correction
- 8 million who have vision impairment due to uncorrected refractive error
Tips from the CDC for your Eye Health:
- Add more movement to your day
- Get your family talking about eye health history
- Step up your healthy eating game
- Stay on top of long-term health conditions
- If you smoke, make a plan to quit
- Give your eyes a rest