Local officials ask for patience as large convoy rolls through for Special Olympics
Road closures planned in Joplin
JOPLIN, Mo. – The Newton County Sheriff’s Office and the Joplin Police Department are advising drivers to be prepared for delays and closures as a convoy of 600 trucks moves through the area for Special Olympics tonight.
From the Newton County Sheriff’s Office:
- Convoy of Hope
- From 4 State Trucks (Hwy 43) to Joplin
- Starts at 6:00PM
- Expect long delays.
- 600 semi trucks involved.
From the Joplin Police Department:
- Cross traffic along the escort route.
- Main Street will be closed to southbound traffic from 20th to 26th.
- 26th Street will be closed to non-local traffic between Main Street and Maiden Lane.
- Joplin and Wall will be closed at 20th and 26th.
- No cross traffic on 20th, 26th, or 32nd along Schifferdecker.
- No cross traffic on Maiden Lane at 20th.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.