What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 (15-1/2-ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over high heat. Add sausage, onion, and garlic, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until no pink remains, stirring frequently to break up the sausage.
- Add remaining ingredients, except spinach; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until thickened.
- Right before serving, stir in spinach and serve.
Get the latest local and national headlines straight to your email for free: Sign up here.