What You'll Need
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
What to Do
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and add to chicken. Seal bag, gently shake to coat, and marinate in refrigerator for about 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Place chicken on grill or grill pan and cook for 10 minutes per side, or until no pink remains, basting often with the marinade, but only up until the last five minutes of cooking (see note).
For Safety Sake:
Did you know that you should never baste foods with a marinade that has come in contact with raw poultry, meat, or seafood during the last 5 minutes of cooking, unless you boil it for a minimum of 3 minutes. This will prevent the potential of any cross contamination. Always better to play it safe.