You won’t need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you’re sitting at a sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It’s the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy cleanup, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut in half then thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 (7.75-ounce) can of garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed from stems
- 1 (24-ounce) jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Dip chicken into the flour mixture, coating evenly.
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add remaining ingredients to chicken (including the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper), except for the heavy cream; mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Remove chicken to a serving bowl. Stir heavy cream into the sauce and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until warm, but not boiling. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.