This homemade butter recipe is just what you needed to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer’s Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it’s a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying “yum”.
What You’ll Need
- 4 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
What to Do
- In a 4-quart or larger slow cooker, combine peaches, sugar, butter, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, and cloves; mix well. Cover and cook on low heat 7 to 8 hours or on high heat 3 to 4 hours, or until peaches are soft.
- Stir in tapioca and continue to cook uncovered 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Pour into canning or mason jars (or a dish with a cover) and allow to cool. When cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.