When our dear friend, Grandma Millie, shared her apple pie recipe with us, she said, “This one’s a classic, just like me!” One bite of Grandma Millie’s Apple Pie and you’ll know exactly what she meant.
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 assorted apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 teaspoon milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; mix well. Add apples and butter and toss until evenly coated.
- Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly against pie plate. Spoon apple mixture into crust, then place remaining crust over apples. Pinch edges together to seal, then flute. Using a knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top. Brush milk over crust and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Here in the Test Kitchen we used a combination of Granny Smith, Rome, and Jona apples.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.