Lamar police warn against burglaries in the city; provide tips for residents
LAMAR, Mo. – Lamar Police Officers address an increase in burglaries within the city and provide tips for residents to keep their belongings safe.
Police say many of the thefts include items stolen from yards, houses and garages.
The LPD provided the following tips to stay proactive against burglars.
- Most importantly, make sure all doors and windows are locked even when you are home.
- Making your home look occupied, even when it isn’t, dramatically reduces your chances of a break-in. If you are going away for a while, leave your front porch light on or even a TV on.
- Store expensive purchases such as grills and lawnmowers out of sight.
- Install an alarm system to get immediate notice if your home is broken into. Also, always make sure to activate your alarm system.
- Close your garage door, especially overnight or if you’re gone during the day.
- Use curtains to prevent thieves from being able to see into your home.
- If you make any expensive purchase, break down the box before putting them outside so that no one will know about your valuable assets.
- Do not leave valuable items in plain view.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.