Joplin News First on the road again, conditions will deteriorate Thursday
UPDATE: By sundown the roadways have almost turned to normal but prepare for bitter cold temps Thursday night. Carthage R9 schools state what Friday looks like:
“Please prepare yourself to attend school tomorrow. Bundle up as it will be cold to start the day. However, it will feel much better later in the afternoon.” – SUPERINTENDENT MARK
JOPLIN REGION — Temperatures as you wake up around freezing and they will drop through the day into the 20s. Watch Doug Heady’s latest updates by 👆🏽clicking here.
ROADWAYS: There are three lines of precipitation to notice. If you are traveling here are the resources across state lines.
- I-44 corridor will be mixed with about 1/4 inch of ice accumulation and then snow on top of that. These conditions are why schools are canceling, due to forecasted weather on the afternoon commute.
- US-60 corridor it will get worse through the day, more ice accumulations north of this line.
- US-54 corridor more snow north of this line, up to 6” in the Kansas City area.
LIVE! BREAKING: Road Conditions deteriorating >> BIT.ly/3JE5fzN
(…+) Joplin region roads are turning slushy to icy to Missouri State Highway Patrol report and other agencies … w/Joplin News First
Posted by Joplin News First on Thursday, February 17, 2022
“Due to weather conditions forecasted for this afternoon, classes are canceled for Thursday, February 17. This will be our 2nd AMI day and will not be made up.” — JOPLIN R-8
Stay with KOAM News Now for the latest weather and road conditions. Click here to set our Joplin News First news tab as a bookmark on your phone now.
- MORE JOPLIN NEWS FIRST…
- Concrete survival bunker for sale hidden in the Ozarks
- World War II era Butterfly Bomb found in a Seneca, Mo. closet
- DWI crash, man suffers serious injuries rolling vehicle at Belle Center curve
- Three vehicles collide and two end on their side, west of Neosho, Mo.
- Pair charged with Felony Drug Trafficking after drug raid
- Pickup overturned and burned after being struck by car
- No. 1 box office movie in America, B&B Theaters Neosho special showing with writer, actor and comedian, Preston Lacy
- Carport and cars burn at Mayflower Apartments in historic Murphysburg Neighborhood
- Sinkhole forms in Joplin’s Landreth Park
- Old Route 66 state line now marked, it’s the perfect photo op for thousands of travelers
- “Extremely large” amount of Fentanyl seized in two Joplin drug raids
- Kenny Chesney, Here and Now Tour this summer at Walmart AMP
- I-49 wrong-way crash kills two, Missouri State Highway Patrol investigate
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.