Joplin man suffers serious injuries in motorcycle crash near Saginaw
Cpl. C. Clark of Missouri State Highway Patrol states Paul Haney, 24, failed to negotiate a curve. His Yamaha motorcycle, "began skidding, traveled off the right side of the road, and struck a mailbox."
NEWTON COUNTY, Mo. – Sunday afternoon shortly after 3:15 p.m. Newton County Central Dispatch were alerted to reports of a motorcycle crash just north of Reinmiller Road along Old Hwy 71.
Redings Mill Fire, Newton County Sheriff’s Deputies and Newton County Ambulance responded emergency. Missouri State Highway Patrol were notified.
On scene Cpl. C. Clark of Troop D tells us it was a single occupant, single motorcycle crash involving a 24-year-old male who suffered serious injuries. He was thrown from his motorcycle as it crashed with a mailbox.
More information is now revealed in the preliminary crash report. Paul Haney, of Joplin, was traveling north on Old Hwy 71 operating a 2011 Yamaha YZF-R1 motorcycle.
“Crash occurred as [Yamaha] was traveling northbound on Old Hwy 71 and [Haney] failed to negotiate a curve. [Yamaha] began skidding, traveled off the right side of the road, and struck a mailbox. [Yamaha] struck a rock retaining wall, [Haney] was ejected, and [Yamaha] began overturning.” – Cpl. C. Clark
Haney was wearing a helmet. He was transported to Freeman West hospital.
This is a developing story, stay with Joplin News First on KOAM News Now. Click here to save our news-tab on your phone or digital device.
- MORE JOPLIN NEWS FIRST…
- Longtime Northpark Mall retailer moves across the street
- Osage Nation release renderings of proposed Lake of the Ozarks casino
- The implosion of James River Power Plant in Springfield
- The best EMS conference in the region is free and begins Monday
- Joplin Police seek assistance identifying man in armed robbery
- Carthage Fire, family and friends, remember fallen firefighter; Last call: 18 years ago today
- Fatal fire investigation in Newton County, woman dead
- Chris Stapleton is coming to the AMP July 29
- Parole absconder wanted on outstanding warrants
- Concrete survival bunker for sale hidden in the Ozarks
- World War II era Butterfly Bomb found in a Seneca, Mo. closet
- DWI crash, man suffers serious injuries rolling vehicle at Belle Center curve
- Three vehicles collide and two end on their side, west of Neosho, Mo.
- Pair charged with Felony Drug Trafficking after drug raid
- Pickup overturned and burned after being struck by car
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY KOAM NEWS NOW. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.