Joplin Humane Society suspends walk-ins unless by appointment, other changes
JOPLIN, Mo – The Joplin Humane Society suspends walk-in traffic unless you have an appointment. It’s one of a few changes in an effort to keep staff and guests safe and healthy.
The shelter says the preventative measures will begin today, March 31, 2020, and end on April 19, 2020. They will reevaluate them in two weeks. The Humane Society says you can keep an eye on its website and Facebook page for updates.
New safety measures:
- All walk-in traffic is suspended and access to the shelter is by appointment only.
- Continuing the 6 feet social distancing policy.
- Animal adoptions, the intake office, and lost and found walk throughs are by appointment only.
- Unless walking available dogs outside the shelter, all on-site volunteering is suspended.
- Enable staff who can work remotely to do so.
- Onsite shift rotation of leadership.
- No changes to our contracted municipal animal control services.
- At this time, public clinics will continue as normal, however we will be following very strict social distancing rules.
If you have additional questions or would like to find out how to schedule an appointment, you can email email@example.com. You can see adoptable pets at: joplinhumane.org or on the Joplin Humane Society’s Facebook page.
“Thank you for your understanding and know we are looking forward to seeing each of you when this is over,” says Connie Andrews, Director of the Joplin Humane Society.