Jasper County reports 21st COVID-19 death
JASPER COUNTY, Mo. – The Jasper County Health Department reports the death of a 70-year-old woman due to COVID-19.
The resident was hospitalized before her death.
Health officials remind residents to take preventive actions to keep respiratory viruses from spreading. Actions include:
- Avoid social gatherings of more than ten people
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and moth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Stay home if you are sick
The Jasper County Health Department says older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19.