Grilling tips for Labor Day Weekend
Teacher and Chef Anthony Fischer joins us on the Morning Show for some grilling before class.
With Labor Day weekend finally here, many of us will be breaking out the charcoal and propane to make some of our BBQ favorites for our friends and family.
Whether you’re a grillmaster or still warming up to it, local teacher and chef Anthony Fischer has some tips for tackling the following:
- Pork Tenderloin
- New York Strip Steak
- Grilled Vegetables
- Hot Dogs
Here’s some other grilling tips we’ve heard…
- Allow meat come to room temperature pre-grilling.
- Don’t add sauce too early.
- Keep the grill heat high.
- Don’t press your burgers.
- Soak starchy veggies before cooking.
- Rub steak fat on your grill.
- Avoid using a lot of oil.
- Keep the grill lid closed as much as possible.
- Don’t move your food around.
- Keep a spray bottle handy.
- Slightly undercook your meats — they keep cooking.